Apply: Passport Program ENG
Inquiries will be accepted after October.
Boost mutual exchange between Japan and the European countries hosted ECoC for further collaboration!
The European Capital of Culture (ECoC) has grown into a global celebration of culture and the arts welcoming artists from over 100 countries around the world. To encourage further interaction between artists, artistic and cultural organizations in Japan and the European countries hosted ECoC, EU-Japan Fest has launched the “Passport Program”, a mobility support program for wider people related to art and culture.
Through this program, we hope that artists and cultural stakeholders from a variety of genres will visit and interact with Japan and European countries, and create sustainable networks and programs for the future.
Who can apply?
Local resident artist and cultural stakeholders in Japan and the European countries which hosted ECoCs (any nationality)
- Research festivals and programs held in the ECoC of the year (*)
- Research festivals and programs held in the European countries hosted the ECoCs in the past or future
- Research festivals and programs held in Japan
- Networking with local artists and cultural stakeholders, and other *List of host cities of European Capital of Culture: https://www.eu-japanfest.org/ecoc/
Grant amount and payment details for each travel type
|Travel type||Destination||Participant’s nationality||Grant amount||Eligible applicant||Grant payment|
|A-1||Local resident in *ECoC countries
|A-2|| Local resident in Japan
→ ECoC countries
|A-3||Local resident in Europe
→ ECoC countries
|Japan only||**100,000Yen||Participant||Bank transfer|
*ECoC countries: European countries hosted European Capital of Culture (ECoC)
**Special amount from July 2022. Amounts are subject to change depending on the global situation.
Application submission period
- Submission date: All year round
- Deadline: 3 weeks before the participant’s departure date
How to Apply
- Please send an e-mail to EU-Japan Fest office to get the application form.
- Fill in the all blanks of application form and submit as follows. [Required documents]
- Application form by PDF file
- Participant’s portrait photograph (size: larger than 1MB / 1200 x 1600 pixels）
- Support request letter issued by current and future ECoC
*If you are going to visit current or future ECoC, please contact the ECoC team to get the support request letter.
EU-Japan Fest Japan Committee： email@example.com
by E-mail or via file transfer service
Support Decision and payment method:
- Notification of support decision: within 1 week from receiving application
- Payment method: by cash or bank transfer (see above table)
- Payment date:
- For A-1 applicant : The date of the meeting at EU-Japan Fest office (Tokyo)
*Participants should have a meeting with staff of EU-Japan Fest at the office in Tokyo during stay.
Meeting schedule is to be decided with participant.
- For A-2 and A-3 applicant : Within 3 weeks after receiving all requirements of report after the travel
Requirements after the travel [IMPORTANT]:
Participant should submit the followings within 30 days from their leaving date.
- Passport Program report form by word file
- Photographs of research and meetings
Number: 5-10 photos
Size: larger than 1MB / 1200×1600 pixels
- For A-2 applicant: Invoice (200,000Yen) with your bank information by PDF file
For A-3 applicant: (1) Invoice (100,000Yen) (2) Bank information form by word file
EU-Japan Fest Japan Committee：firstname.lastname@example.org
*by E-mail or via file transfer service
within 30 days from participant’s leaving date.
Important Information for Applicants
- One application form for each applicant.
- Up to 2 people applying for the same project (each applicant should send application).
- Be sure to fill in all information required in the application forms.
Incomplete application forms and missing material (e.g. missing photographs, incomplete data) will result in rejection of the application.